INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, July 20, 2009

Duck

This is the newest member of our growing family! For months Marc and I have talked of getting another dog. We wanted a family friendly dog that would be a great running partner for Marc. I think we hit the jackpot! Today we finally decided to take the plunge. I had my heart set on a golden retriever but felt that I needed to go the Humane Society to find a new family friend. When I got there one the workers asked what I was looking for and I told her all that we needed and added that I really wanted a golden but felt that I needed to adopt a rescue. We sat for a minute waiting for her to return and in comes this gorgeous golden licking the kids all over. 

Duck, formerly known as Trapper, was given to the shelter by an elderly man that could no longer care for him. He is house trained, doesn't dig, knows several commands and follows me every where I go! The kids absolutely love him and Piper, our weeny dog, is slowly coming around.


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Sounds like you really did hit the jackpot! He is beautiful!! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete